Guide to Building Board Support
You can take your Give More 24! success to new heights on September 22nd by leveraging your board members and their passion for your cause! Organizations with engaged board members raise approximately 2-3 times more than those that don’t involve their board in the planning process. This not only helps you raise more on Give More 24!, but paves the way towards a stronger relationship with your organization’s board members. So how can you get your board excited for Give More 24!? We’ve got you covered!
Ten Steps to Board Success:
- Have a Give More 24! Kickoff at your next board meeting
- Include your board in your Give More 24! goals
- Share regular updates throughout the planning process
- Provide your board members with clear opportunities and steps to help your organization reach its Give More 24! goals
- Leverage your board members as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to help raise more and expand your reach on Give More 24!
- On Give More 24! update your board on your progress from beginning to end
- Encourage your board members to support you on Give More 24! with matching funds, social sharing, and promotion of your participation with their networks
- Invite your board members to attend an in-person event during Give More 24!
- Ask your board members to help you personally thank and steward your Give More 24! donors
- Don’t forget “Thank You” to your board members for their help and hard work on Give More 24! and celebrate a job well done