Terms of Participation
Organizations that wish to participate in Give More 24! should read the following rules carefully. These rules and certifications are requirements for completing a successful online registration and event participation.
To qualify as an eligible Participant, applicants must:
- Be registered with the U.S. Department of the Treasury under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) as a public charitable organization. The Foundation will only partner with 501(c)(3) public charities that are sub-classified under Internal Revenue Code Section 509(a)1 or 509(s)2. The Foundation will verify this status.
- Provide services to Clark, Cowlitz or Skamania County residents.
- Be in compliance with all statutes, executive orders, and rules and regulations restricting or prohibiting U.S. persons from engaging in transactions and dealings with countries, entities or individuals subject to economic sanctions administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Conduct publicity and promotional activities based upon its actual program and operations, and that these activities are truthful and non-deceptive, include all material facts, and make no exaggerated or misleading claims.
- Have an active and responsible governing body directing the organization whose members have no material conflict of interest and a majority of whom serve without compensation in directing the organization.
- Agree to participate in Give More 24! and to abide by the event rules. Give More 24! is exclusively an online fundraising program.
- For donations to be eligible, they must be made by credit card through the GiveMore24.org website during the pre-event giving window (September 10-19) or between the hours of 12:00 AM and 11:59:59 on September 19, 2019. To retain the urgency of our giving day, advanced giving will not be highly publicized and gifts made during this period will not post to your amount raised until 12:00 AM on September 19, 2019.
- A "Thank You" email that includes tax acknowledgement is generated automatically by the Give More 24! website. Organizations should not send an additional acknowledgement letter. However, additional correspondence can be sent that includes the gift amount.
- The Participant must submit a Certificate of Insurance to the Foundation prior to hosting any public event related to fundraising around Give More 24! The Certificate of Insurance must name the Foundation as additional insured.
- The Participant agrees to promote the event to its donors through methods of its choosing and may take advantage of the Foundation's promotional and marketing materials that are made available. Any paid promotion utilized by the Participant is solely at the Participant's discretion and expense.
- The Foundation will, in its discretion, promote Give More 24! through its media partners and websites and provide social media marketing toolkits and training. Participants will be entitled to an organization donation page and a web link to the page for use on event day. The Participant is responsible for providing informational text and visual or multimedia assets to complete their donation page profile.
The Community Foundation is assessing the following fees to offset marketing expenses:
- Organizations with annual income less than $100,000: $100
- Organizations with annual income between $100,000 and $1 Million: $200
- Organizations with annual income greater than $1 Million: $300
- The minimum gift per donor is $5. There is no limit on maximum gift amount.
- Participating organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves. A "donor" is defined as an individual or for-profit corporation/business.
- The Participant will have access to their organization's donor data, which lists contact information and donation amounts. Donor information is never given or sold to a third party. The link will remain active commensurate with the start of pre-event giving and will remain available as long as you are a GiveGab user.
- As with any credit card transaction, there is a standard transaction fee assessed by the credit card company. These fees for Give More 24! have been negotiated at 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction for all credit cards. Donors will have the option to cover these fees on behalf of the nonprofit. Additionally, our crowdfunding platform provider, GiveGab, charges 2% per transaction for its services. The Community Foundation for Southwest Washington will cover this fee, plus all platform related costs.
Final payment of contributions made through the Give More 24! platform, minus transaction fees not covered by the individual donor, will be provided to the Participant via electronic funds transfer from GiveGab. These distributions will arrive within 7 business days from the first gift made, and then every 24-48 hours thereafter. Payment will include the amount of donations raised on behalf of the Participant net of credit card transaction fees. Additional payments will be made by check within 20 business days for Participants that earn Give More 24! prizes or receive contributions from Donor Advised Funds managed by the Community Foundation for Southwest Washington.
- The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from participating in the event at any time before, during, or after the event, if, in its sole discretion, it believes that there has been a breach of these rules and/or deception on the part of the Participant.
- The Foundation makes no warranties or representations as to the success of Give More 24! or of any individual Participant, and in no way – directly or indirectly – guarantees any results or amount of donations.